Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting Wifi Ain't As Easy as It Sounds




July 5, 2010

Well; we’re on our way. We left home at about 1:00 pm ( not too bad considering it IS Bob time we’re talking here.) and crossed into Illinois about 2:30 pm. One thing Bob mentioned was that we forgot to measure the height on this rig. I hadn’t really planned on doing any drive-thrus and in fact we were joking about it on the way out of Indy, but one good reason to know the height of a big vehicle like this is the bridges. So here we are, riding along smoothly and we see a trestle bridge coming up. We went under our first bridge (measuring at a healthy 13’ 6”) and all of a sudden he yells “BAM” and made me darn near pee my pants. Bob is a very sick man.

Just saw a bunch of roadside signs like the old Burma shave signs:
The crime he chose was doomed to fail
Because I was armed
Now he’s in jail.
Guns Save Lives.com

5:41 pm (4:41 local)
We found a KOA right off the highway; relatively speaking . It’s wonderful. This one is called the Springfield KOA but it’s actually about 8 miles south east of the city. We are in the BOONIES!! Love it! As you can see from the sign that I took a picture of that was hanging in the office we are in a nice quiet spot. It took Bob 10minutes to hook everything up and now we’re just taking a “getting off the road” break before I fix some vittles. Day one is progressing nicely, although I missed several shots of some cool old neon motel signs. Such is life…



7:44 pm (6:44 local)
I’m going to have to remember that we’re “losing” an hour for each time zone. Illinois being so darned close to Ind I forget that they’re actually on Central time and thus 1 hour earlier than our Haus clocks show. This actually will work in my favor since Bob never gets anywhere on time and check out is noon. Bwahahaha
Good Lord the internet is slow here. I won’t be posting a danged thing tonight. When we checked in I asked the nice lady if they have wifi and she said yes but people often use it for face book or netflicks which slows it w a y d o w n; I waited 15 mins for just the weather channel to pop up so I could see what tmw was supposed to do. I finally said to hell with it and now I’m going to play with my Windows Movie Maker.

I feel so relaxed.

10:28 (9:28 local)
I ain’t so damned relaxed anymore. We had zero, zip, nada single piece of newspaper to start a fire and I can’t get the damned thing going. Grrrr…
I’ve done everything but give this stupid fire a personal blow job and it still won’t get happy for me. I planned to make popcorn in the Dutch oven tonite but that plan was shot to shit. The converter in the closet got hot as hell and we thought we blew a freaking fuse. I put a fan on it like Bob told me to and once it cooled down everything was groovy. It was really my mistake; I loaded up the closet so it wasn’t getting any air at all. I’m going to put the jackets etc. in my teabag just to stash them until we can drag everything out. We’re thinking about staying 2 nights wherever we end up after the Mark Twain stop so I’ll have plenty of time to rearrange stuff. We need to find a Walmart too so I can get some lactose free milk for Bob, I left his at home. Oh well, life is still good and I’m heading into the Haus to get my meds and call it a night.

PS: Pics will be loaded when I can get a hi speed connection...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home