Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yup; It's One Damn Big Rock!


Hello from South Dakota!! We stopped at Devil's Tower yesterday and checked out the rock; I had a sudden and irresistable craving for mashed potatoes; the same 5 musical notes playing over and over in my head until I finally had to chase the sound away with some bluegrass music convienently resting in Bob's IPod.

We spent last night in an actual motel: I desperately wanted modern amenities for just 24 hours. We found a "themed" motel called the "Sunset". I was awestruck by the theme; cowboys and the west. Go figure, right? Actually it's a very cute motel. There are real live little burros outside and a very nice courtyard to sit in.

Today is a totally tourist day. We will be heading to the Crazy Horse Monument and then on to the 4 Dead White Guys (otherwise known as Mt. Rushmore). Tomorrow or Thursday we'll head out to Wall Drug and The Pine Ridge Reservation where we will visit the Wounded Knee site. The "wi-fi" here is closer to using tin cans and string so I'll wait to post a ton of pictures when we get to our next stop: Spearfish SD KOA campgrounds. Their wi-fi should be fairly reliable.
Check out time is 10:00 a.m.; I gotta get moving. Off in search of biscuits and gravy. yum yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home